Services We Provide
Our law firm provides the Saudi market with the best in class legal experience covering all legal areas and needs of our clients. In addition, we are able to provide further specific legal services through our relationship with leading local and international law firms.
We are confident in our ability to provide high quality legal services to enable the client in achieving their objectives with confidence.
Our team has leading experience in the fields of capital markets products and services, such as:
- Assisting local and international investors in the establishment of capital market institutions by CMA
- Carrying out the processes for our clients to obtain CMA licenses, registration and commencement of securities services.
- Advising on investment funds, IPO, private placement, Financial technology entities.
- Assisting listed companies in the capital increase via rights issue and continuing obligations under the Listing Rules.
- Studying and drafting investment agreements and terms of business
- Reviewing and advising the CMA licensed entities (capital market institutions) in their governance, and internal policies in compliance with Capital Market Law and its implementing Regulations.
- Handling claims related to the CMA law before the CRSD
Legislation and Regulatory
SMA Law Firm advises regulators or governmental entities, including but not limited to:
- assisting regulators and governmental entities in the assessment of laws and regulations
- Reviewing and benchmarking current laws and regulations with best practices
- Drafting legislation and regulations, rules, guidelines
- Working with external parties to develop legislation and regulations.
Corporate. Merger & Acquistion
Our Law Firm advises companies (nationally and internationally) on conducting their business in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, our experience includes providing legal services on:
- Establishing companies
- legal services to foreign investors (establishing foreign investment companies’, issuance of foreign investment license, agencies and franchises under the Foreign Investment Law).
- Corporate Governance and Restructuring.
- Restructuring and converting companies from one type to another.
- Franchise, Distribution and Agency Agreements
- Company Policies
- Draft M&A and joint documentation
- Legal Due Diligence
- ongoing legal advice to companies
Banking, Finance and Insurance
We advise on matters related to other regulators such as SAMA (in the banking, finance, insurance), MISA, MoC, etc. Our services include but not limited to:
- Reviewing finance and lending agreements
- Assisting clients for issuance of bank and letters of guaranties
- Reviewing finance and lending agreements
- Legal advice on banking issues for banks, companies, institutions or individuals
- Reviewing insurance policies and claims
- Assisting in licensing process and setup of new companies under the laws and regulations of SAMA
Corporate Governance and Internal Policies
We provide best in class corporate governance services based on local applicable laws and in line with best national and international practices:
- Developing governance framework
- Preparing Board and Committees charters and governance policies that is required by regulators
- Legal Consultation related to governance, shareholders and Board of Directors
- Legal advice and drafting of constitutions and principles of governance for family businesses
Legal Advisory And Consultation
SMA law firm is flexible in its general advisory mandates and serves clients in all legal areas on either an ad hoc/case by case basis or periodic engagements. This enables our clients to have continuous legal support or as and when required. The services include the following but not limited to:
- Providing legal advice related to the client’s businesses/commercial contracts, whether local or international.
- Representing our clients externally and attend meetings, and assisting our clients legally in their transaction’s negotiations- pre and post signing the deals.
- Assisting our clients in all contractual matters and advising on investment vehicles(JVs).
- Registering intellectual properties (i.e. trademarks and patents) with related governmental bodies.
- Studying legal issues that may arise between shareholders and partners of the business and provide legal advices in that regard.
Dispute resolution and other legal services
- Legal representation before courts, Committees and Commissions
- Settlement services by mediation and arbitration
- Legal services related to implementation of judgments, objection and appeal of verdicts
- Legal advisory on real estate development, Investment and leasing and renting of properties